Is there a way to create a ArcGIS Online web map within a web map using a JavaScript code?

03-21-2016 08:17 AM
KarraBarnes
New Contributor

Is there a way to create a web map within a web map?  Let's say you're on a map that has a layer of various companies throughout WI.  Within this layer/popup contains a list of basic information such as location as well as Customers and Suppliers that are related to that company.  Is it possible to link Harley Davidson's supplier or customer information and have AGOL independently create a new map on the spot based on the information within the Harley Davidson layer?  I'm assuming this will require code, however my JavaScript skills are very basic.  Any ideas on how to do this?  You can reach me at kdbarnes@uwm.edu for further inquiries.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Karra,

This is an interesting concept and I think you're right that it will require coding. Are you essentially wanting an existing feature service to populate a new, unsaved, web map at the user's click? Or are you wanting it more intricate than that?

0 Kudos
KarraBarnes
New Contributor

Hello Adrian,

Sorry for the delay, I recently transferred to a different job and haven't had time to look at this.  To answer your question (if I'm understanding it correctly) kind of.  I want to be able to click on data within a feature service/layer and have that data generate a new, unsaved, web map.

0 Kudos