Feature Table not refreshing at v3.16

03-18-2016 10:05 AM
BillDaigle
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to upgrade to 3.16, but I'm having problems with changes in the featureTable dijit. At 3.15, the feature table would automatically update after the underlying feature layer updated.  This does not appear to be this case with the new version at 3.16.

Here are 2 jsFiddles that demonstrate the issue:

Feature Table Add 3.15 - JSFiddle

Feature Table Add 3.16 - JSFiddle

In the 3.15 version, the table refreshes after the new record is added.  In 3.16, I can't get the table to refresh without loading the page.

I noticed at 3.16 there is 'refresh' function, but it does not appear to have any affect.

Anyone know how to force a refresh?

3 Replies
BillDaigle

I think I may have found a workaround.

It looks like the dGrid got decoupled from the featureLayer at 3.16, so updates to the dGrid later get posted to the featureLayer instead of the other way around.  The workaround involves calling a private function "_createStoreFromDataQuery", which appears to recreate the store and regenerate the grid.

See it in action here:

https://jsfiddle.net/waybmh8v/3/ 

I don't like using private functions, but it seems like this might be might best bet at this point.

In the long run it would be nice to see functions associated with adding, deleting and updating featureTable items programmatically. It doesn't seem possible at this point.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bill,

With the FeatureTable getting a major overhaul at 3.16, it is likely a new bug and would need to be reported to esri Tech Support.

0 Kudos
BillDaigle

I am not sure it is an actual bug -- just a workflow they have not accounted for yet.  The ability to add and delete rows does seem like a pretty major omission from an editing widget.

0 Kudos