Compiler error while building an addin.

03-12-2016 04:00 PM
GagagDa_Morvi
New Contributor

I just installed ArcGIS 10.4 and the .NET SDK for the same. In Visual Studio 2015, I created an addin using the Wizard. All goes well till that point. When I build this project, I get following error. I am totally confused by this. Can someone suggest a fix or how to workaround this? I have searched on the internet but haven't managed to find anything useful. Any help is much appreciated.

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State

Error        The "ValidateAddInXMLTask" task failed unexpectedly.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.12.0, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

at ESRI.ArcGIS.AddIns.SDK.MSBuild.ValidateAddInXMLTask.Execute()

at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()

at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].    FPTool           

0 Kudos
0 Replies