Below are two links to a simple map that displays the FeatureTable widget. If you open them in a stand-alone browser they both work (tested both in Chrome and Internet Explorer 11). “Work”, here, means that the mouse click is handled and you will get an alert box.
However, the moment I open the links in the WebBrowser control provided in .NET (embedded inside IFS Applications, our .NET application), on a Windows machine, the first example fails. What still works is the event that handles the keyboard up and down arrows, so the dgrid-select event is not completely broken.
Now, I know how this looks, there is of course something “we do” in how we set up the WebBrowser control, and that might be true, but I cannot figure out what it could be. I am using Internet Explorer 11 on my PC and it has no problem getting both examples to work, in the browser itself. But embedded inside our application, in a WebBrowser control, only the second example works (again, “works” mean that the click event on the feature table is catched). Also, to make things even more strange, I made a super simple .NET (C#) application that only embeds the WebBrowser control and nothing more, and it works there too, so it is related to *how* we use the WebBrowser control…
The only difference in the second example compared to the first is this line:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />
This tag tells Internet Explorer to be in “IE9 compatibility mode” (or similar), and it solves the problem. However, the code *does* work in IE11, outside the WebBrowser control and I don’t want to “dumb down” my HTML code to IE9 level (among other things, it makes another thing that I use fail, when it comes to using client-configured labels on feature layers).
Here are the two web pages:
Does not work (inside WebBrowser control):
Does work (inside WebBrowser control):
By the way, this problem started to appear, I think, when my machine got Internet Explorer 11 some weeks back.