React js and Esri API

02-24-2016 08:59 AM
EvelynHernandez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello.

Is there any example on how to integrate React JS with the ArcGIS API for JS(tutorials, docs, etc)?

I have been seeing some react tutorials but i still dont understand if i can integrate the arcgis api with a react js website.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

They actually work out really well together.

Here's a resources page with some links.

GitHub - odoe/esrijs-resources: Resources for the ArcGIS API for JavaScript

I'll also cover this in more detail at DevSummit!

EvelynHernandez

I cannot go there 😞 but i will like to know more about this new technology, cuz i'm starting to learn about the website development and it has been hard for me to understand.

0 Kudos
EvelynHernandez

is there any tutorial in how to set up a enviroment for working react js with arcgis api for beginners? It will be useful for who is starting to develop webapps. I really like the 4.0 View Models in ReactJS  example.

Thanks in advice

0 Kudos
RobertWinterbottom
Occasional Contributor

Eve Lundsten

I have put up a sample boilerplate that I have used before in production apps.  It demonstrates how to setup babel (to compile ES6 and JSX to ES5 in AMD format) and use React + Flux in a ArcGIS based application.  It may be a little tough for beginners but would be a good exercise since it uses React & Flux plus a whole bunch of tools for developing, deploying, and optimizing.  The master branch uses the 4.0beta3 api as well but it has tags to versions 3.15 and 3.16.  You can check it out here GitHub - Robert-W/esri-flux-react: Simple Boilerplate for using React and Esri's JavaScript API toge...

and feel free to submit questions/comments as an issue, I generally respond there quicker then here.