How do I share a Storybook publicly but take away edit capability

Jump to solution
02-14-2016 06:08 PM
GaryMathis1
New Contributor II

I want to share the storybook but when enbed on site it can be edited on site. How do I restrict use but open to public like storybook examples?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaryMathis1
New Contributor II

That was it. Being connected to both at same time.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you post the link to your story map? Usually the edit-options for the layer are changed in the web map itself (or in the feature service itself) and do not have permissions options in the Story Map, if that makes sense.

0 Kudos
GaryMathis1
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

That's a nice looking story map. Can you tell me where you are seeing the editable layers? I clicked around some but did not see any. Let me know.

0 Kudos
GaryMathis1
New Contributor II

http://www.kentuckyi71connected.com/#!blank/rq8ed

This is were I enbeded the code .  When I open the site I see the Blue Edit box in the top right section of the banner

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

A couple of things. Try loading this site into an "incognito" browser. At least, that's what Google Chrome calls it. It may be "private browsing" in Internet Explorer or Firefox, I can't remember. Second, try logging out of your ArcGIS Online account and then loading this page. I think you will see that the edit option is only for you alone since you are logged in and are the owner of this map. Let me know what you find.

GaryMathis1
New Contributor II

That was it. Being connected to both at same time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

No prob. Glad it was an easy solution.

0 Kudos