Select to view content in your preferred language

Builder mode icon

Jump to solution
02-12-2016 02:50 PM
CarolynMitchell
New Contributor II

I am planning to share story maps with my team on Monday. When building a practice map today, I discovered that this icon is at the top of the map:

Builder mode icon.jpg

Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I've researched it but have been unable so far to figure out how to remove it or show it in a different view so that the audience won't see the "switch to builder mode" rectangle. I didn't remember seeing it before. If anyone can share how to present the map without seeing this, I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Carolyn,

The builder button is present if the author of the story is logged into their online account.  You can view your story without this button by either accessing it through a browser's incognito mode, or by simply logging out of your online account.  You will need to make sure to share your story in order to view it without your credentials.

Mark

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are in the place for help about GeoNet... perhaps you want to move this to Story Maps within the community

GeoNet Community Structure

0 Kudos
CarolynMitchell
New Contributor II

Thank you. I will remove my posting.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

No need to remove... just move it

0 Kudos
CarolynMitchell
New Contributor II

I saw that moving it was an option and did that. Thank you!

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Good!

Now... they dont seem to have a simple help section that I could find... but there was this link that popped up, which may be more than what you want... there is a blog in there as well

https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/

https://medium.com/@EsriStoryMaps

0 Kudos
CarolynMitchell
New Contributor II

Thank you for being so kind. I will look at this information. I also got another suggestion about this issue so I think I may be on the right track.

Have a great weekend!

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Carolyn,

The builder button is present if the author of the story is logged into their online account.  You can view your story without this button by either accessing it through a browser's incognito mode, or by simply logging out of your online account.  You will need to make sure to share your story in order to view it without your credentials.

Mark

CarolynMitchell
New Contributor II

That is extremely helpful. Thank you!

0 Kudos