ArcGIS Pro Icons

02-12-2016 05:41 AM
HarmBruinsma1
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm an ArcGIS Pro SDK Developer. Before I have developed in ArcObjects in ArcGIS Desktop.

If you install the developer kit of ArcGIS Desktop. You install also the icons which are used in ArcGIS Desktop.

For example, the icons are installed here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit10.0\Icons

But now i'm developing in ArcGIS Pro. Where can I find the icons which are used in ArcGIS Pro?

I need the Icons because I want to make my icons in the same style as the style of the ArcGIS Pro Icons.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Harm, we are not releasing the icons for ArcGIS Pro.  With this said, we do have a few sample icons that you are able to leverage, found here:  Release ArcGIS Pro 1.1 SDK for .NET · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk · GitHub    Then download the file, "ArcGISProSDKIcons.zip".  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
TedChapin
Occasional Contributor III

What's the reason for not giving us access to those graphics?  That was a really useful part of the 10.x sdk.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for asking.  We're interested to know how you found having access to the ArcMap Icons useful.  Please let us know.

0 Kudos
TedChapin

It was useful for creating custom tools in ArcMap.  I would find an existing icon in the SDK image library that depicted the functionality of the custom tool/button (or close to it). Gave the add-in (and before that the .dll) a nice consistent UI that made it look like it came with the software.  Starting to build custom toolbars in Pro and would like the same consistency in icons.  Maybe there are licensing restrictions, but shouldn't the graphics be part of the SDK?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

documentation...manuals, notes, ... saves doing screen grabs

denniswaardenburg
New Contributor

In my organization, our 10.x addin replaces the standard Print and Export buttons with our own versions that first require the user to enter map tracking information before handing off to the standard print/export functions.  We use the standard Print and Export icons on our versions of these buttons to minimize the disruption to the user experience.  We're doing the same with the print and export tools in Pro, so not having access to the icon library is an annoyance.  Screen grabs and crops gets us there eventually anyway, but why make us go through the extra hassle?

0 Kudos
TedChapin

The .png files for Pro buttons and tools can be found in the DAML ID Reference Wiki page:

ArcGIS Pro DAML ID Reference · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub

Christopher Zent​ are there any restrictions on using these images in custom Pro UI's?

UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ted,

Please refer to the FAQs under the Framework section on this page on information how to use the Icons from Pro. There are no restrictions on using these icons. However, as we mention in the FAQs, if you use the Pro Icons, then they should be used on custom tools that have functionality similar to the Pro tools.

Thanks

Uma

TedChapin

Looks like the images are gone from the DAML ID reference page. That's a real bummer. Not so easy now to reuse stock icons. We should have access to these through the Developer Subscriptions.

0 Kudos