Is the default drop handler muteable?

01-08-2019 09:30 AM
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am implementing a custom configuration based on ArcGIS Pro and I have to implement a drop handler for my map pane to accecpt custom Excel files.

But I always get an error message box telling me, that the import of data has failed:

"Failed to add data, unsupported data type"

I first thought this is caused by my own implementation, but it is not. There seems to be a default drop handler (because I also get the error in an unmodified ArcGIS Pro instance) and I would like to know how I could remove this one.

I know my files have a custom format, thats why I'd like to implement my own handlers.

Any hints?

Kind regards, Max

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

No help so far?

I get this error in any ArcGIS Pro application (unmodified or configured, that does not makes a difference) for any .xlsx or .gpx file type, but not for .csv, which loads automatically a standalone table into the content list.

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

Max, sorry for the response delay. This has been fixed for 2.3.1. 2.3.1 will be available at the end of March (2019)

MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

So, with the fix it will be possible to suppress the message and also to implement my own handling without calling the default handling?

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

correct.

0 Kudos