Story Maps & Oracle?

Jump to solution
12-03-2015 01:26 PM
JohnWhitfield
New Contributor II

Instead of adding a CSV file on ArcGIS Online, can one use a table in a Oracle database of the same format residing on a local server. If so, how would it be linked since there is no URL, or does it have to be manually zipped and added? or what options.

Thanks in advance for thoughts on this

regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

There is no option to directly use a database in StoryMaps. StoryMaps use webmap which as far as I know cannot directly exploit database either, you need to create a layer using ArcGIS Server or upload your data to ArcGIS online. To upload your data ton Online, you could use ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro that I think can directly connect to your Oracle database. Or if you can export as a CSV that's also an option.

The following links may help you more:

Oracle database requirements for ArcGIS Pro 1.1—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

Connect to Oracle from ArcGIS—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

CSV, TXT, and GPX files—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

There is no option to directly use a database in StoryMaps. StoryMaps use webmap which as far as I know cannot directly exploit database either, you need to create a layer using ArcGIS Server or upload your data to ArcGIS online. To upload your data ton Online, you could use ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro that I think can directly connect to your Oracle database. Or if you can export as a CSV that's also an option.

The following links may help you more:

Oracle database requirements for ArcGIS Pro 1.1—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

Connect to Oracle from ArcGIS—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

CSV, TXT, and GPX files—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

JohnWhitfield
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response!

0 Kudos