I've run through tutorial from ArcGIS on how to create a heat map using Spatial Analysis.
Based on the example, point features are scattered around the map and we need do the following to generate heat map.
Run Project Data -> Integrate Data -> Collect Events -> Run "Hotspot Analysis" -> Run "Spatial Analysis"
Is it possible to generate a heat map if I don't have point features that are scattered around the map but instead I have point features that have an attribute value that represent "Number of point" around this point features?
For example: I have 5 locations.
In the first scenario, I will have
- 5 points feature around area #1
- 20 points feature around area #2
- 40 points feature around area #3
- 30 points feature around area #4
- 10 points feature around area #5
While for second scenario, I will have
- Point feature 1, attribute value: 5
- Point feature 2, attribute value: 20
- Point feature 3, attribute value: 40
- Point feature 4, attribute value: 30
- Point feature 5, attribute value: 10