Creating Heatmap from attribute value of point features in ArcGIS for Desktop?

Jump to solution
11-29-2015 10:10 PM
HenriLim
New Contributor II

I've run through tutorial from ArcGIS on how to create a heat map using Spatial Analysis.

Based on the example, point features are scattered around the map and we need do the following to generate heat map.

Run Project Data -> Integrate Data -> Collect Events -> Run "Hotspot Analysis" -> Run "Spatial Analysis"

Is it possible to generate a heat map if I don't have point features that are scattered around the map but instead I have point features that have an attribute value that represent "Number of point" around this point features?

For example: I have 5 locations.

In the first scenario, I will have

1. 5 points feature around area #1
  2. 20 points feature around area #2
  3. 40 points feature around area #3
  4. 30 points feature around area #4
  5. 10 points feature around area #5

While for second scenario, I will have

1. Point feature 1, attribute value: 5
  2. Point feature 2, attribute value: 20
  3. Point feature 3, attribute value: 40
  4. Point feature 4, attribute value: 30
  5. Point feature 5, attribute value: 10
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HenriLim
New Contributor II

I managed to achieve the heat map I'm looking for using Kernel Density (Spatial Analysis) and use the respective attribute as a value for "Population Field".

2015-11-30_180702.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HenriLim
New Contributor II

I managed to achieve the heat map I'm looking for using Kernel Density (Spatial Analysis) and use the respective attribute as a value for "Population Field".

2015-11-30_180702.png

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Henri, you should mark your question as "assumed answered" since you were able to answer your own question.  That will allow this thread to be closed.  thanks.

KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should also move this to a more appropriate space, such as GIS​ or Spatial Analyst​, and use tags to help those searching on this subject in the future.