Please help :: Warning for users if same feature attribute is getting edited.

Jump to solution
11-24-2015 05:02 AM
IrisGreen
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am publishing a feature service with a child version of default and making it available in a js viewer. Multiple users can access and edit this service ,we just need to save the last updated edit,however if two users have started editing(updating the attributes) the features the other users should get warning that the feature is being edited is they try to edit the feature.

Can anyone please suggest how to go about doing this.

Thanks in advance

Iris.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Iris,

I am not sure that you can or that it would be necessary. The likelihood of someone saving a edit at the same millisecond to the server is highly unlikely and the server would just que the request anyway.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Iris,

Web editing is not like ArcMap where you begin an edit session and thus can be warned like that. The only time a Feature Service knows about an edit is when the actual edit is being posted to the service. So bottom line is no you can not have a warning like that.

IrisGreen
New Contributor

Thanks Robert for your quick response.

I am wondering if we do a reconcile and post (may be using a GP service or something)on every update, as we are using a child version of default in feature service- is it possible to handle the above situation? or is there any other way to handle above scenario.

Thanks again

Iris.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Iris,

I am not sure that you can or that it would be necessary. The likelihood of someone saving a edit at the same millisecond to the server is highly unlikely and the server would just que the request anyway.