Can I add pop-ups to an image?

Jump to solution
11-22-2015 08:55 AM
chrisjohnson
New Contributor

I want to make a map of a garden and label the plants using Story Map Tour but since the beds are relatively small, I can't get enough detail to use a basemap for all of the plants. I would like to be able to click on a bed to pop-up a photo, which the user could then click on each plant in the photo to bring up info on that plant. But I don't see any way to make the image clickable.

I could just have the plant names on the photo, but I would really like to have more details than just the name (and some of the photos will be pretty busy making text hard to read.

I have also thought that I could try using the Story Map Series using tabs for each bed (then using layers to add in detail for each bed), but I am new to arcgis and will need to learn more about layers and It would require a lot of tabs.

I was hoping there my first idea would be a possibility. Is it possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Chris

Story Map Tour isn't intended to support that. Your Story Map Series approach sounds better: make a map featuring the beds), and add the plants onto the map as clickable points, with text and a photo in the popup that appears for each point. You could display each bed as a different tab in your story and add descriptive text/pictures in the description panel for each tab.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Chris

Story Map Tour isn't intended to support that. Your Story Map Series approach sounds better: make a map featuring the beds), and add the plants onto the map as clickable points, with text and a photo in the popup that appears for each point. You could display each bed as a different tab in your story and add descriptive text/pictures in the description panel for each tab.

Rupert

0 Kudos