Can't Create A Story Map Tour

Jump to solution
11-20-2015 03:30 AM
SibonileSibanda
New Contributor

I am trying to create a story map tour in ArcGIS portal and these are the steps I'm following:

1. Create a project folder for my layers and maps in "My Content" and add all relevant data for the project.

2. Go to Create >App > Using a template, then select Story Map Tour in the dialog box, hit next.

3. Fill in Title, tags and Description accordingly in the next dialog and hit Done.

4. Get error page. "404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed or is temporally unavailable."

5. The new/failed app still gets added to my content.

I have tried it in chrome, firefox and IE, same error. I am running Portal 10.3.1

Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry about your issue. I have been able to reproduce this issue on Portal 10.3.1 and confirm this is going to be fixed in the next Portal release.  In the meantime, you can fix it by editing the address manually in your web browser. The link that Portal is redirecting you must be something like

myserver.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=

but it is missing a part that is called web adapter, it is typically

myserver.com/gis/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=  or myserver.com/portal/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=

To know what your web adapter is, look at the address when you are on your My Content page, it should be

myserver.com/gis/home/content.html

It should be possible to fix this issue once and for all without waiting to update the Portal but for that I invite you to contact esri technical support through Esri Support

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry about your issue. I have been able to reproduce this issue on Portal 10.3.1 and confirm this is going to be fixed in the next Portal release.  In the meantime, you can fix it by editing the address manually in your web browser. The link that Portal is redirecting you must be something like

myserver.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=

but it is missing a part that is called web adapter, it is typically

myserver.com/gis/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=  or myserver.com/portal/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=

To know what your web adapter is, look at the address when you are on your My Content page, it should be

myserver.com/gis/home/content.html

It should be possible to fix this issue once and for all without waiting to update the Portal but for that I invite you to contact esri technical support through Esri Support