Web App Builder Date Issue

11-05-2015 08:43 AM
KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

Good morning,

Yesterday it was brought to my attention that the dates displayed in the pop-up window of a web app we have are consistently 1 day off the actual date in the feature class.  As an example, I look at the data using desktop, and in the attribute table, it will show 7/1/2015.  If I then go to the web app, and click on the same feature class, the pop-up window will show a date of 6/31/15.  This is consistent across all 25,000+ records in the feature class.

Has anyone seen anything like this working with Web App Builder?  If so, do you have a fix/work-around that you can share?

Thank you.

12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karim

Sure this is a common issue when your date data was not entered with a time portion midnight is used for the time and ArcGIS server stores dates in UTC and what happen is WAB automatically adjust the UTC date for the client machines time zone and you end up having a date that is one day earlier after the time zone adjustment. The fix is to add a true time entry for all your data date field or just do a field calculation to set all your dates time portion to be 6 am.

KarimNaguib
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert, that makes a whole lot of sense.  Now I just need to figure out a way to update that regularly after the users enter the dates.  I appreciate your quick feedback.

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, we have the same problem here.

how can we initialize only the hour part of a date, for example at 8:00 a.m.

Are there other solutions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jose,

You just do a field calculation to concatenate the time portion to the date field.

0 Kudos
KarlKeough1
New Contributor II

If we concatenate, is the original full date still maintained? I woild like to select records based on whether they are before or after another date in the table. Will concatenating do this selection based on the original full date or the concatenated date?

Also, I have a date field that is populated using ArcGIS Collector and another date field that is populated by editing within ArcGIS Online. The Collector date shows the full date, the AGOL date appears to be set to midnight, regardless of the time of day of the edit. I would like to format the AGOL date to show the date and time. How can that be done?

Thanks,

Karl

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

We fixed the problem running an Update query directly in Oracle and adding the time

update tableT

set
FieldWithDate        =
to_date(TO_CHAR(FieldWithDate,'dd-mm-yyyy') ||' 06:00:00',
'dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')

where FieldWithDate is not null;

SteveXu
New Contributor III

ArcGIS server 10.4.1, host our map services

ArcGIS online Web Builder website. Create Web applications.

Feature classes are stored in our geodatabase (Oracle11gR2, ArcGIS 10.2)

I have a road closure dataset in which I have 3 feature classes: Road Closure points, road closure(line), and Road detours (line).

In all 3 layers, based on the post,  4 fields: MHStart, MHEnd, Starts, and Ends are created:

Road Closure Attribute table

MHStart and MHEnd represent our local time (The Mountain Time Zone).

In order for ArcGIS Online Web Builder website to show the correct time (our local time), date values in Starts and Ends are used, which are equal to values in MHStart and MHEnd plus 6 hours.

On the online Web builder website, most of them can show correct data and time. However, some of them (2 of 16 records) show their time one hour behind:

Popup

Their data time should be:

Starts: 11/9/2017, 8:00 AM

Ends: 11/10/2017, 6:00 PM

Why does this happen? Would you please help?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steve are the records that are having the issues ones that do not have a time in the date?

0 Kudos
SteveXu
New Contributor III

Hi Robert:

No, the two records in this example are both have time in their dates.

In my original case details above, MHStart=11/9/2017 8:00:00 AM, Starts = 11/9/2017 8:00:00 AM plus 6 hours (I have a program to update starts and ends) =11/9/2017 2:00:00 PM, the value of starts is used in the popup of the ArcGIS online Web map, the popup shows Starts: 11/9/2017, 7:00 AM, which should show Starts: 11/9/2017, 8:00 AM. The same to Ends in the popup, the popu shows Ends 11/10/2017 5:00:00 PM, which should be Ends: 11/10/2017, 6:00 PM.

Please let me know if I made my issue clear.

Thank you very much for looking into this issue.

0 Kudos