AnsweredAssumed Answered

Storymap series - tabbed layout, issue with linked map extents.

Question asked by chrisbehee@yahoo.com on Oct 20, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 by GLAzou-esristaff

When using more than 5 tabs on the "Storymap Series - Tabbed Layout" map application template I'm experiencing an issue with the linked map extents.  I have 8 tabs with maps.  The maps were all created as "save-as" copies from an original map with the same original extent.  Each time I open the storymap app the first 5 tabs open with seamless extent hand-offs.  When I open tabs 6, 7, or 8 (reading left to right) the maps open at a different extent and then do a rapid shift/rubber-banding to match the extent of tabs 1-5.  Once this initial adjustment is complete they are all in sync seamlessly with tabs 1-5 for the remainder of the session.  If I close and then re-open the app the adjustment happens again.  I have changed the order of the tabs so see if the issue was tied to a particular map but it still occurs with whatever maps are on tabs 6, 7 or 8.

I've inserted a link to the app in question.

Any insight into why this is occurring, or if others have experienced similar issues is appreciated.

Thanks!

https://bellingham.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/?appid=9fe7aac5717e4da3b3d7ac081e11330b

Outcomes