AnsweredAssumed Answered

Query an SDE Feature Class Containing ESRI Binary Spatial Type Geometry

Question asked by rossi45 on Oct 13, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 by vangelo-esristaff

Hello all,

I've been bumbling through some SDE Geodatabases, trying to learn how to query geometry. In particular, AREA and LENGTH.

Now, I have 2 different SDE geodatabases. One is running SDO_Geometry, the other is ESRI Binary Spatial Type. In each geodatabase, there is an identical polygon feature class (i.e one is a copy of the other). I wanted to query the length and area of one of them. I started with the feature class with the SDO_geometry:

select OBJECTID,GEOMETRY,SDO_GEOM.SDO_Area(Geometry, 0.0005) AREA,SDO_GEOM.SDO_LENGTH(Geometry, 0.005) PERIMETRE  
from 
MySDEFeatureClass

This query works out fine. So in my bumbling, I tried to use the query on the feature class containing the ESRI Binary Spatial Type Geometry and of course, that failed because it isn't using SDO. Then I started googling around and found how to query ST_Geometry. Again, fail. It is not using ST_Goemetry. I tried googling for querying on ESRI Binary Spatial Type and I couldn't really find anything. Again, I'm bumbling because I'm learning as I go, but can I query on this spatial data type? Is there an example on how to do this or is there something I am missing?

Outcomes