A while back, I have written a configurable MapTool in C#. This tool allows users to set a location in a map to visualize and analyze only the features within a buffer around it. Behind the scenes, a non-visible feature service of the webmap will be manipulated (where clause, visibility) to have the possibility to use the “original“ data source in the map or in widgets (list, summary, etc) instead of selections.
- implement a datasource selector in the configuration,
- get the reference to the selected feature service or DataSourceProxies in the MapTool,
- manipulate the feature service (where clause, visibility), if I had the DataSourceProxy
Another improvement suggestions:
- Because of only one map tool can be activated at a time, it would be nice to have the possibility to use the Find Places control (or other controls like layer filters or measure) in own MapTools.
- it would be nice to have feature actions on the result feature of Find Places (from here, to here etc)
- Dropdown lists in JS Maptools cannot overlap the map