Argis runtime .net display xy from a datatable

Jump to solution
09-11-2015 11:31 PM
KendrickSchuett
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I just have a quick question. I know you can display xy data in arcobjects using itable. What I want is to put point data from a database in a .net datatable then project them on a map using runtime vs arcobjects. In arcmap i use display xy from a sql table. I read the developer help and can't see anything that resembles this. Graphic layer maybe but it seems everything is from a gis service and that's an extra step I was hoping to avoid. My data updates every 15 seconds on the source database but has less then 100 points so I was hoping to keep the steps to a minimum.

Can I use arcobjects and runtime in the same application? Everything makes me think I can't but I might try that.....

As a side note I use c# and wpf hence the interest in runtime. I wanted to add mapping to a preexisting dashboard and the source database is not some thing I can manipulate so I manipulate the data in the application. Thanks all sorry if it's a dumb question I am just about to give up though.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

GraphicsOverlay (or GraphicsLayer) is the best option, probably via the GraphicsSource property. Take a look at the sample Graphics Source | ArcGIS for Developers

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

GraphicsOverlay (or GraphicsLayer) is the best option, probably via the GraphicsSource property. Take a look at the sample Graphics Source | ArcGIS for Developers

Cheers

Mike

KendrickSchuett
New Contributor II

Hey thanks for getting back at me i didn't know that was there. As a learnign tool that will be great. I think that is the direction i am going to try to go I like the Interface of runtime. My next step was i was going to try hosting a winform in my WPF and using arcobjects. Thanks again for your time. 

0 Kudos