cannot create import wizard page?

09-08-2015 01:21 PM
MicahTaylor
Occasional Contributor III

When I try to import objects from a rule or by drag and drop from my assets, I get the message below.  Also, the objects will not show up in the preview window. It was working and then just stopped all of a sudden. Any idea how to fix this?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When in doubt, restart.... especially when it involves something that was running, and suddenly isn't. Also, backup your projects regularly.

And I want to see that building behind the dialog box. Plants up the side of the building...awesome. Model or texture?

MicahTaylor

haha..yes I try to backup my workspace regularly...I learned that the hard way.  I am going to restart everything and see if that helps.  Its doing it in all scenes now.

Thanks!..Its is a model vine (i have creeping vine, and wisteria vine). Im trying to write a rule to generate building styles based on a country selection, and then see if i can make them "green" and possibly score them on how green they are.  Just started it.

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

The vines that are supposed to be on the balcony railing itself are what is missing due to the import error.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice scene!

I notice the ice cream shop building seems to be leaning a bit.  I often use the below code at the beginning of building rules, just so that I don't need to use "Align Shapes To Terrain" tool (with "Project to Object Average" setting) on the shapes:

YourBuildingRule -->

# Align scope to yUp world axis.

alignScopeToAxes(y)

# Flatten site for vertical extrusion.

s('1,0,'1)

MicahTaylor

Sweet!

I never thought of using s operation to flatten.  Huge help. Thanks.

Check this sample from one block i made...this is where its headed next....using the Lumen extension for CityEngine.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very nice. But, hey... did your bug get fixed?

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

Not yet it seems.  I have my workspace saved and backed up.  Should I attempt a re-install of CE?

Also, i have not updated to the 2015.1 (still 2015.0).  Would that make a difference?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, those little version changes usually include bug fixes. I haven't heard of this bug, but definitely try. You can keep 2015.0 installed and make a new workspace for 2015.1.

0 Kudos
MicahTaylor

I just ran a repair and it fixed it. Thanks!

0 Kudos