ArcGIS WebApp Builder Query Results

09-09-2015 02:45 PM
RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Having issues to configure the Sorting on Query Results while configuring the app. Using 1.2 Version of the WebApp Builder. Trying to sort the results by order but the pencil is greyed out. Thanks and any help in this regards will be highly appreciated.

Query widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Ramakrishna Billakanti

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramakrishna,

The pencil will be grayed out if your map service does not support supportsOrderBy you can check if your map service supports this by going to the REST endpoint page for the layer and looking for this:

Advanced Query Capabilities:

Supports Statistics: true

Supports OrderBy: true

Supports Distinct: true

Supports Pagination: true

Supports TrueCurve: true

RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

I don't see that options how can I make it enabled ? Thanks in advance Robert

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramakrishna,

The availability of this advanced features depends on the version of ArcGIS Server you are running. Time to upgrade. Also based on the URL in your image you are looking at the mapservice end point. Try looking at the layers endpoint.

RamakrishnaBillakanti
Occasional Contributor

I do see order by is supported by our server, Do you have any other suggestions for me to check

You are right earlier I was looking at the map service.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramakrishna,

Looking at the Query widgets source code I can see that the server has to support OrderBy and Pagination for the pencil to be enabled.

Here is a thread about when pagination is enabled: How do you enable the "Supports Pagination" on a layer at 10.3?

ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Ramakrishna,

ArcGIS Server supports `order by fields` from 10.2, but the `order fields` must be an element of `outFields` array; 10.3 conquered this shortcoming but must be enable pagination.

So the order feature in Query and AttributeTable only support 10.3 services which enabled `OrderBy` and `Pagination`.