Collector and Navigator integration question

08-25-2015 02:39 PM
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

I saw that navigator can now be used for the default collector navigation.  I was wondering Navigator has a much more expansive basemap than what you can typically have in collector (offline).  Is there a way or plans to allow for collector to use the base mapping available in navigator?  Basically we get projects spread over large areas and the need to zoom in to a max level, sometimes with no connectivity so users are stuck picking the largest area possible then downloading then once they move find hotspot to download a new segment.  Navigator doesn't have these restrictions for offline use. I would be great to have a preloaded map of an entire state for offline use.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

I noticed that Survey123 also has a full area basemap available offline.  I would think if this can be implemented in both of these other services it should also be available for collector (with some app updates).  This would be a huge asset for collection in a disconnected environment.  No need to download maps unless you wanted something not supported.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Navigator makes use of a "Mobile Map Package" and is the first Esri app to make use of them.  In the future more apps will be able to use them for disconnected use.  It is an ongoing work in progress...