Camera and subsurface

Jump to solution
08-10-2015 02:25 PM
ChristianMorin
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have some 3D features that are subsurface. In order to see them I don’t set a base map and I also set the visibility on the basemapTerrain to false. So far so good, I can see the features below the surface.

Is there a way to allow the camera to go lower than ground level? There seems to be code that prevents it from moving any lower.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

In 4.0 beta1, there is no support to permit the camera to go below the surface. It's being discussed for future releases. Keep an eye out for more information related to this in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

In 4.0 beta1, there is no support to permit the camera to go below the surface. It's being discussed for future releases. Keep an eye out for more information related to this in the future.

0 Kudos
ChristianMorin
New Contributor III

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for the answer. I think having the camera going below the surface is key for any oil and gas type applications, but it could also be useful for other industries such as utility companies that have underground cables and pipes.

Cheers,

Christian.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

And it's crucial in any type of marine environment.

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, there are many good use cases for subsurface capabilities. It will be supported by the time 4.0 moves out of beta. We're just don't have a timeline on when it could be released while we're still in beta.

0 Kudos
KyleDunaway
New Contributor III

Any update on this?

In AGOL and Pro I can "See though ground" with the toggle option on basemaps, but in a WebScene using the JS API, the basemap is always fully visible and the camera never goes below sea level.

Any help here?

0 Kudos