JSViewer Source code

Jump to solution
07-21-2015 07:56 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Several years ago, I got the source code of JSViewer, which looks like FlexViewer 3.0 and was built in 2008 and http://serverapi.arcgisonline.com/jsapi/arcgis/?v=1.2

Does the JSViewer have any update?  If yes, where can its source code be found?  Or if there is any sample templets that are somehow similar?  Thanks if you can share the information.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimMcGee1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shaning,

Check out my response to this question for an open source alternative: Re: Javascript Viewer like the Flex Viewer with S/C

Regards,

Tim McGee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

​Shaning,

ESri stopped the support for that viewer a number of years ago, the replacement is the web app builder developer edition:

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

the only condition is that you need to have a web map Id from either arcgis online or portal.

regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Anthony:

Thanks for you to provide the source.  I downloaded it.  Could you help for the additional 2 Q's below:

1) Since I want to do the development, can I use VS2010 as the IDE?

2) Is it required to run the startup.bat?

Thanks.

Shaning

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

​Shaning,

The web app builder runs on top of node.js so the startup.bat starts up the nodejs server, see the help:

Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

i presume you can use visual studio, but I have not tried myself.

Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your quick response.  I run the startup.bat but failed to provide our company's url.  Is it the required step?  Or can I deploy it on to my IIS w/o running the startup?  For V1.2 JS Viewer, I can open the index.html using a browser directly.  But it does not work for this one.  Is there some proxy issue here?  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

​shaning,

i urge you to read the getting started link I posted above as there are a few details in there that you need to be aware of to run the web app builder

0 Kudos
TimMcGee1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Shaning,

Check out my response to this question for an open source alternative: Re: Javascript Viewer like the Flex Viewer with S/C

Regards,

Tim McGee

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Tim:  Thanks for your response.  I downloaded your code (actually I downloaded you V3.1.1 a while ago).  But got a new problem.  when I opened the index.html on a browser, only the banner displays.  Did I miss some steps?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Tim:  Thanks for your response.  I reviewed your code and saw your reference paths.  I will use http:// to substitute them.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos