Add Services from an ArcGIS Server Endpoint on the Fly (ArcGIS Server Services Explorer)

06-22-2015 12:08 PM
DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

I understand that there is a pre-existing widget that Damien produced Add Service Widget 1.1.3 , but I was curious if it was possible to modify that code or have something else entirely that would allow an individual to add in services on the fly from an ArcGIS Server endpoint.  For example, the user would select the agency's specific server endpoint, see what services were available and add that service on the fly into WAB.  This would be instead of researching the URL of the service - all the user would do is select the specific AGS instance (from a listing of various ArcGIS Servers) and add in services that they "see" within the server.

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

I imagine you are asking for something like the service browser that is available in the ArcGIS App Builder for Flex. Where a tree of available services from a ArcGIS Server are presented to you for selection. Sure this would be possible but the service browser component is thousands of lines of code. I don't know if anyone has the time to tackle that size project right now, but I don't.

DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

Yes, something similar.  I'm working on porting over our current application (written in FLEX) which contains an ArcGIS Server discovery widget over to JS and thought I'd pose the question.  It seemed rather close to what is already out there with the Add Service Widget, but it sounds like it is a little more involved than I thought.

0 Kudos
HumzaAkhtar
Occasional Contributor II

Does a JS sample of the tool you mentioned exists ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Humza,

Nope, that is what Daniel is looking for.

0 Kudos
HumzaAkhtar
Occasional Contributor II

That is surprising... I know that this Server Explorer sample exists for WPF and silverlight samples. I wonder why esri did not provide it for the original JS API.

0 Kudos