How to undo or delete edits vertices while adding a new feature in Edit without editor widget

06-19-2015 12:35 PM
RichardMoussopo
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to provide an option to delete vertices. example right click on the vertices and click delete. and also and undo vertices option.

Another option that I would like to have is to create a new feature from a copy of an existing one. example: select a shape, copy and paste it at the same spot(location) then update the attributes...

Edits vertices.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Richard,

I don't believe that the copy and paste functionality you are want will be possible as the browser does not have access to the client machines clipboard as more desktop apps do (due to security reasons). Now as far as having a right click functionally to present a context menu with a delete, this is very doable. I would recommend looking at the enhanced draw widget  Tim Witt​ did for some code you can use. Enhanced Draw Widget

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Richard,

Are you thinking of this example?

Update Fire Perimeter

(right click to delete vertices)

RichardMoussopo
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, but found the better one: Context Menu for Map and Graphics

JustinHollenbach1
New Contributor II

You can just go into editor, highlight the line or polygon segment, right click and delete vertices manually. Same goes for the copy and paste, the after pasting the highlighted feature is the copy.

0 Kudos