Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps Shortlist: Labeling a layer crashes the map

Jump to solution
06-18-2015 11:56 AM
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

I have labeled a layer that I have added to my ArcGIS Online map for my story map. When I check the box to add labels, my Story map will not work and gives me the error message (see attachment)

thanks in advance for any help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Last night we released an update to the Shortlist that fixes the issue when the Shortlist web map contains layers that are labelled in ArcGIS Online. The Shortlist will display labels configured for any supporting layers in your web map (i.e. layers that don't define the tabs in your Shortlist. Labels for layers that define tabs are not displayed.

You can get the download from the Shortlist page on the Story Maps website, or via this link, or from the Story Map Shortlist Github repo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MarkCooney
Frequent Contributor

Sorry you are having issues with the Shortlist.  Can you share the web map ID with me to take a look?  feel free to send privately if you do not want to share publicly.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

Here you go, thanks Mark!

9961ade08c4849dba4218442e9b5d352

MarkCooney
Frequent Contributor

Strange, it loads properly on my test:

Shortlist

What browser are you on?

Do you have a link I can view?

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

The arc GIS online Map was updated on chrome and the main map was in Internet explorer...I think

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

Hi Mark, See my response to Katie below, also note that the map currently has the labels turned off so it works. Did you turn them on and it still works?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Frequent Contributor

No, I did not change anything.  But looking at a web map with layers turned on, it does in fact trip up the code a bit, which is a bug.  It should still be able to load, but the labels are ignored, as are any other styles applied to the point layers that make up the tabs.  We will fix the bug and update the github repo and download.

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

Ok, thanks for the feedback, I will await your response so we can continue

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Last night we released an update to the Shortlist that fixes the issue when the Shortlist web map contains layers that are labelled in ArcGIS Online. The Shortlist will display labels configured for any supporting layers in your web map (i.e. layers that don't define the tabs in your Shortlist. Labels for layers that define tabs are not displayed.

You can get the download from the Shortlist page on the Story Maps website, or via this link, or from the Story Map Shortlist Github repo.

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

Wonderful, many thanks for all your efforts!

0 Kudos