Anyone else using SSL with AWS EC2 and elastic load balancer?

Jump to solution
06-15-2015 08:58 AM
BethManghi
New Contributor III

We're trying to enable SSL on our AWS EC2 instance, but when we try to get the SSL certificate approved by DigiCert, they said they cannot approve it because of the "amazonaws" in the DNS name for the load balancer.  Has anyone else run into this or successfully implemented SSL with an AWS EC2 instance?  Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

When you create your SSL certificate, you register it with your own domain name.  Once you receive the signed certificate, apply it to the ELB and ArcGIS Server, and create a CNAME record in your domain tools to point to the ELB address.

The CloudBuilder tool streamlines this process for you, but you can do it in separate steps too.

--Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

When you create your SSL certificate, you register it with your own domain name.  Once you receive the signed certificate, apply it to the ELB and ArcGIS Server, and create a CNAME record in your domain tools to point to the ELB address.

The CloudBuilder tool streamlines this process for you, but you can do it in separate steps too.

--Tim

BethManghi
New Contributor III

Thanks, Tim.  I managed to work some of it out with DigiCert and some other digging.  I'm also going to use your advice!

0 Kudos
BethManghi
New Contributor III

Hello again and thanks again for answering my question a few years ago.  I'm trying to use CloudBuilder to stand up an EC2 instance with SSL but I don't know where the private key for the certificate is located.  Any advice?

0 Kudos