AnsweredAssumed Answered

Selected features within a buffer not getting accurate results

Question asked by gettingready on Jun 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 by rscheitlin

I am working on a Javascript application where I have a MSD published on ArcGIS server and I am using the URL from it's REST services. I am trying to select census block points that fall within a defined buffer distance and get a summary of number of blocks and housing units. I have it working but I am not getting consistent or accurate results, especially as the number of selected features increase.

I have the buffer circle set like this:

circleBuffer = new Circle({ center: mapPoint, geodesic: true, radius: radius, radiusUnit: "esriMiles" });.

BlockPoints.PNG

When I check the number of blocks selected within a 10 mile buffer around the same block point in ArcMap, I get different results. I tried with changing  this,  mode: FeatureLayer.MODE_AUTO,  to ONDEMAND and SELECTION but still no difference in results.

I have attached the JS file for the application if anyone can take a look at that and suggest what needs to be changed to correct this.

 

Thanks

Outcomes