Print Widget no longer functioning for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

06-01-2015 11:15 AM
DanielEstrada
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I have created a Web App for my agency using Web Appbuilder for ArcGIS. Whereas I have read the multitude of posts regarding the out of the box print widget I haven't found a definitive answer to how to make it work.

When I first created the Web App the print function worked. Then after two weeks of use the symbology in the legend stopped printing. So I made a change in the symbology on only the parcel layers to have no fill. Now I get this error message:

"unable to load, //utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%20Task/execute status: 0"

This occurs when printing to any format (PDF was the default). From what I have read, most people have just created their own printing service on ArcGIS Server. I, however, am constrained by my agency and been denied use of ArcGIS for Server due to internal concerns. So creating my own print service is out of the question. Can this be done through Amazon or another cloud based server?

My agency needs the functionality of the web map I created and I need to figure this issue out.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Not sure if this will help, but maybe you should try this service URL:

Execute Task (Export Web Map Task)

The base URL would be:

https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%...

0 Kudos
DanielEstrada
New Contributor II

Thanks Chris,

The service URL didn't work. I ended up placing a ticket in with ESRI and they indicated that it is a known bug within the Web AppBuilder. The service is timing out as it loads the JSON string.

It has been assigned to a developer. So eventually it will get worked on.

I did find out that if there were at least less than 5 operational layers active, the print function will not time out, sometimes. It's inconsistent.

Thank you for your help.