How to disable "Loading ..." between simpleloader.js and init.js

Jump to solution
05-19-2015 03:19 PM
DavidPlume1
New Contributor III

Following up on my recent post ( Web App Start-up with Validation and Bailout if Need Be, two weeks ago ) I'm wrestling with the "Loading ..." process that seems to have captured any screen dialog events preventing interaction with my dialog.  See below.

The following code, in my WAB index.html follows the pattern recommended by Larry Stout and has been tested in a work bench/prototype environment.

In this implementation, the dialog shows correctly but is not active (see graphic below).  This is an ExtJS 3.4 Window and I've the same problem with a JQuery Dialog.  A simple alert(), however does display active above the "Loading ..."

I've looked high an low for an appropriate place to intercept the Loading and override it but no luck -- any suggestions would be welcome!

wabIndex.png

The form dialog shows but the Loading ... graphic continues and seems to prevent any interaction with the form:

LoginFormAndLoading.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

I believe that your issue stems from the css for the loading shelter having a z-index of 99999. If you form does not have a higher index then it will be under the loading shelters main div.

/**CSS for LoadingShelter dijit***/

.jimu-loading-shelter{

position:absolute;

top:0;

left:0;

right:0;

bottom:0;

height:100%;

width:100%;

z-index:99999;

background: no-repeat center center;

opacity:0.6;

filter:alpha(opacity=60);

font-size:14px;

line-height:20px;

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidPlume1
New Contributor III

Update,

You can manage the Loading... gif and label at

\jimu.js\dijit\LoadingShelter.js

and

jimu.js\dijit\templates\LoadingShelter.html

My form is still not active tho.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

I believe that your issue stems from the css for the loading shelter having a z-index of 99999. If you form does not have a higher index then it will be under the loading shelters main div.

/**CSS for LoadingShelter dijit***/

.jimu-loading-shelter{

position:absolute;

top:0;

left:0;

right:0;

bottom:0;

height:100%;

width:100%;

z-index:99999;

background: no-repeat center center;

opacity:0.6;

filter:alpha(opacity=60);

font-size:14px;

line-height:20px;

}

DavidPlume1
New Contributor III

Robert and Qun,

Thank you both!   That did the trick, the form is working nicely now.  

Naturally this indicates I need to bone up on CSS!

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
QunSun
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

David, just as Robert said, for now you should increase the z-index of your Dialog to be bigger than the z-index:99999 of .jimu-loading-shelter. In next release of WAB, we will decrease the z-index of .jimu-loading-shelter from 99999 to 110.