Icons missing when hosting with Dropbox

Jump to solution
05-19-2015 08:13 AM
AnnIngerson1
New Contributor II

I have posted a story map temporarily for testing using Pancake.io and Dropbox to host the files. The link is http://wuvstory.pancakeapps.com/. Several icons do not display properly: twitter, facebook, bitly, Toggle description, Toggle legend, Minimize list, the “x” symbol to remove a search term, and the filter funnel icon. I assume I may need to edit the index.html file to modify file paths, or maybe the icons are not present in the files I copied to Dropbox. Can you advise? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hmm, it looks like this could be an incompatibility with Pancake.io. It looks like Pancake (Dropbox Basic Usage - Pancake Docs​) and font files are not included. When I load the font file directly from dropbox, it appears to display the icons correctly. However, when using the pancake URL, the icons get converted back to the normal alphanumeric characters.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hmm, it looks like this could be an incompatibility with Pancake.io. It looks like Pancake (Dropbox Basic Usage - Pancake Docs​) and font files are not included. When I load the font file directly from dropbox, it appears to display the icons correctly. However, when using the pancake URL, the icons get converted back to the normal alphanumeric characters.

AnnIngerson1
New Contributor II

Thank you – I’ll just assume those will work when we get to our permanent hosting solution. Thanks!

Ann Ingerson

Craftsbury Common, VT

802-586-9625

0 Kudos