ArcGISWebException: Error code '500'

05-18-2015 05:55 AM
JonathanBrickey
New Contributor

I am intermittently getting the following exception an a ExportTileCacheTask.EstimateTileCacheSizeAsync call: Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISWebException: Error code '500' : 'Error getting status for job j76e0602d072e405eba12b24b7bba75b2 on Export Cache'

The ExportTileCacheTask.EstimateTileCacheSizeAsync call had been working without error until late last week.  There is not a lot of documentation on ArcGISWebException error codes but I am assuming internal server error.  Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? 

Thanks,

Jonathan

Full stack trace:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISWebException: Error code '500' : 'Error getting status for job j76e0602d072e405eba12b24b7bba75b2 on Export Cache'

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISHttpClientHandler.ArcGISClientHandlerInternal.<SendAsync>d__2.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Geoprocessing.Geoprocessor.<CheckJobStatusInternal>d__14.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.ExportTileCacheTask.<checkTileCacheJobStatus>d__6e.MoveNext()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.ExportTileCacheTask.<CheckEstimateTileCacheSizeJobStatusAsync>d__32.MoveNext()

at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.ExportTileCacheTask.<checkTileCacheJobUntilCompletion>d__7d.MoveNext()

0 Kudos
26 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

What service you are using and how big area (number of tiles estimate) you are requesting?

Also make sure that the service hasn't changed and it still exposes the capability.

0 Kudos
JonathanBrickey
New Contributor

Service being used: https://tiledbasemaps.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer

Area does not seem to make a difference, as little as 1 tile all the way to the 100,000 tile max.  If I retry identical requests several times it will eventually succeed.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

I tried the same service and it seems to work under 100 000 tile requests. If i request more than that, it gives following error. Can you check what is returned in GPMessages collection?

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Newermind, I can repro this issue time to time. It seems that the service returns error time to time.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

A REST request issued to ArcGIS for Server returns an HTTP status. An HTTP status of 200 means that the request has been processed. Any other HTTP status indicates that there has been a problem. For example, an HTTP status of 500 indicates an internal server error (for example, the server has gone down). Once the issue has been resolved, the client can re-issue the request.

I'll have a look if i can find what's going on.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

We have forwarded question and reporting back here when we hear about the issue. Thanks for reporting this one.

0 Kudos
JonathanBrickey
New Contributor

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
JonathanBrickey
New Contributor

Is there an ETA on a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

We are still looking to solve this issue and will come back when I know more.

cheers,

Antti

0 Kudos