05-11-2015 02:26 AM
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Dear All Is there any widget that will allow to

1. Select the type of geometry and input controls to add X,Y Coordinates
  2. Update or delete the existing X,Y Coordinates
  3. The geometry should overlap on map
  4. Also based on overlayed geometry I have to query all the intersecting features from pre-defined layers and create a pdf or report out of that like if it is overlaying particular polygon and read predefined fields from that feature and also intersecting area and include that in pdf report

If there is not any available widget please tell me the workflow how to proceed particularly at point 4

0 Kudos
9 Replies
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Derek Law

Please provide your valuable inputs

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shafi,

I don't have much to add to this discussion thread as I am not a JavaScript developer. I believe Robert's answer is pretty informative and I know he has lots of experience coding for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.

Good luck,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shafi,

1. There is not widget currently available for this. If you are a experienced JS developer you could have to develop this yourself.
  2. You can interactively delete and update a features location by moving it but updating the actual absolute XY, there is nothing available for this.
  3. No this what this is asking.
  4. This is not trivial task that someone would be able to provide you code for. You would probably need to hire a consulting company or esri professional services for something of this complexity.
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Thanks for your Reply.

I was trying to see if something is readily available so that I can use it. Nevertheless i have started coding it now

0 Kudos
ShaziaNoreen
New Contributor II

Hi

Are you able to code this? We are looking for same in the EDIT widget.

Thanks.

MarkYerington
Occasional Contributor III

All

I have been wanting this functionality as we are having to place section ties and GPS monuments based on published coordinates.  I have extended the smart editor widget to place a graphic location then you can use the graphic location to snap your features to that location.  It is a 2 step process, but that is all I could come up with at this time.  I thought I would share.  All of my widget.js changes start with the comment Added MWY then End Added MWY.  I have a projection in my updates as some of our submittals are in decimal degrees WGS 84 and some are in State Plane.  All of our maps are in Iowa State Plane South so I need to reproject using the WGS 84 output Spatial Reference and use the correct Transformation.  If you are going to stay in the basemaps current coordinate system there is no need for a reprojection.  If you do need to reproject you will have to update the url to your geometry service and also update all of the WKIDs on line 223,228, and 229 in widget.js.

This is what the widget will look like.

It is not the complete solution that you are looking for, but a step in the right direction.  Points are easy, line and polygons will work if you create all your snap points first.  The zip file below should go in your stemapp folder if you want this functionality on all smart editor widgets, or just put it in the specific app widgets folder.

MarkYerington

I figured out a way to add the feature automatically.  Attached is the updated version.  You can select your feature template then the Add Location will add the feature at the specified XY.  Again this will not work with lines or polygons.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

myerington50   If would be helpful for others if you create a new thread (document, blog or post in https://community.esri.com/groups/web-app-builder-custom-widgets‌ ) with your custom widget and a short explanation. If you include the last update date in the title (and update if needed) that will help other too. Take a look at Robert's custom widget pages to see how he has it posted.

If you do that, I can include it on the /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list?sr=search...‌ and related blogs.  Right now, I'll just include a link to the above comment.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MarkYerington