Suddenly none of the object on arcmap document select-able

Jump to solution
04-09-2015 11:38 PM
NaimeCelik
Occasional Contributor

In arcgis 10.3 , after opening a arcmap document it was saved a day ago, it appeared none of the object is selectable. I can only select object when I go attribute table and select one line, then object appears as selected. I have no idea why this is happening. İf  I move any layer to a new arcmap document, it is still not selectable. What could be the reason? Is there anyone who had similar problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Do they show up as selectable when you list by selectable layers in the table of contents?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Do they show up as selectable when you list by selectable layers in the table of contents?

SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Also, try under "selection" tab --> "Interactive Selection Method" --> check "Create New Selection"

If the "Select from Current Selection" choice is checked and there are no features currently selected then the select features tool will not be able to do anything.

NaimeCelik
Occasional Contributor

Interactive Selection Method shows Create New Selection but all layers are showing not selectable. How can I make them selectable again

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Click the grey icon to the right of the layer in the table of contents while listing by selectable.

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

I believe there is an option to make all selectable also.

0 Kudos
NaimeCelik
Occasional Contributor

OK Thank you so much I found how to make it selectable under electable layers in the table of contents

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

No problem, it is polite though to mark my answer as the correct one, rather than assumed answered, for future reference.

0 Kudos
NaimeCelik
Occasional Contributor

Where do I need to click to make it correct

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

At the bottom of my answer there should be a star next to a box that says correct answer I think. You can also mark any answers as helpful by clicking yes next to the word helpful. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos