Color Correcting Mr Sid rasters

04-08-2015 10:53 AM
margaretcarew
New Contributor II

I am using the Mosaic Color Correction function.

• I have placed all Mr Sids into a Mosaic dataset
  • Then I calculated Statistics with the mosaic dataset while in ArcCatalog (even though I already have stats calculated for these rasters, but this function does not read them).
  • I also created pyramids as required in the specs in ArcCatalog.
  • After I did this, the Mosaic Color Correction Color Balancing area becomes available.  Before calculating the statistics, It was grayed out.
  • At this point, I select the stretch (none), target (another MrSid located in a separate Mosaic Dataset), Balancing method and surface type.
  • After I select Correct Color I get an "Error" message, but I have no as to the issue(s).
  • Does the Target Mr Sid have to also cover the image to be corrected.  I don't have a corrected image for that area...If I did I would not be doing this process.  An older image of that area has five bands, whereas the new Mr Sid image has 3 bands.MrSid_ColorCorrecting.jpg

I have read several posts earlier in the week regarding calculating stats for Mr Sid, which was helpful.  I was glad I got to this point, but now I don't know what my issue is since I have no way of identifying what is causing the error message.

Any suggestions.  I have all the tiffs for my area of interest, but I was hoping to be able to use the MrSid rasters.

Margaret

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GabrielUpchurch1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Margaret,

Have you tried the Color Balance Mosaic Dataset geoprocessing tool as an alternative method?  You can access it by right-clicking on the mosaic dataset in the Catalog window, selecting "Enhance", and then "Color Balance."  You can also access the tool via ArcToolbox > Data Management Tools > Raster > Mosaic Dataset.  It may still fail but perhaps you will get a more descriptive error message from the geoprocessing tool.  Hope this helps!