graphic infoTemplate not displaying in 3.10+ Javascript API

03-26-2015 01:43 PM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I have been using the reverse geocoding successfully in javascript 3.9 api. When I click on the map, a graphic is added with the text displaying the address. Then, if I click on the graphic a infoWindow opens with the Address. After switching to 3.10, I still get the graphic with the address text but instead of getting a infoWindow when I click on the graphic I get another graphic on top of the first one. The only change I have made in my application is from 3.9 to 3.10 (I also tried 3.13 with the same results as 3.10). Anyone else find this behavior?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

OK. I got it working but find it interesting that the following code works in 3.9 with the map.infoWindow lines commented out but not in 3.10. 3.10 still adds another graphic when I click on the graphic but I do get the infoWindow.

var textSymbol = new TextSymbol(address.Street, font, textColor);

textSymbol.yoffset = 8;

var symbol = new SimpleMarkerSymbol()

.setStyle("square")

.setColor(symColor);

var addAtt = { "Address": address.Street, "Zip": address.ZIP };

var graphic = new Graphic(location, symbol, addAtt, infoTemplate);

var textGraphic = new Graphic(location, textSymbol);

map.graphics.add(textGraphic);

map.graphics.add(graphic);

//map.infoWindow.setTitle(graphic.getTitle());

//map.infoWindow.setContent(graphic.getContent());

//map.infoWindow.show(evt.screenPoint, map.getInfoWindowAnchor(evt.screenPoint));

What I am trying to do is reverse geocode and have a graphic with text display at the location without the infoWindow. When the user clicks on the graphic, the infoWindow displays.

0 Kudos