Deploying application from WAB Developer

03-25-2015 05:43 AM
ShannonThol1
New Contributor

I have a web mapping application that I started building in arcgis.com using out-of-the-box functionality provided by WAB.  However, I found I needed to customize one of the widgets, and so brought the app into WAB Developer on my desktop.  I modified the source code for the widget and am now ready to deploy the app.  Is there a way to push the whole thing back onto arcgis.com so that it is served there off of my organizational account?  The WAB documentation makes it sound as if a customized application has to be deployed on your own web server.

Alternatively, is there a way to modify the source code of the application while it still resides in arcgis.com (without pulling it into WAB Developer)?

Thanks,

Shannon

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shannon,

No your desired workflow is not supported. If you need to modify a widget then you will currently have to host your app on your own web server.

0 Kudos
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Shannon, could you possibly share what type of customization you are needing? Perhaps someone in the community has come across an existing/out of the box ArcGIS Online template that provides that functionality.

0 Kudos
ShannonThol1
New Contributor

Ben,  I needed to restrict the layers shown in the LayerList widget.  I followed the solution Mathias proposed in this thread​, and it worked like a charm.  Now I'm faced with the challenge of getting my customized application deployed.  Do you know of anyway to accomplish the LayerList restriction without using WAB Developer?

Thanks,

Shannon

0 Kudos
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Shannon, no I'm sorry, I'm not aware of template that allows for concealing features from the Layer List. I was hoping to be more helpful. Sounds like hosting it locally is your best bet unless someone else has a solution. Good luck.