AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using a web app template without Online/Portal

Question asked by canadiantodd on Mar 24, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 by canadiantodd

Hello all,

I'm playing around with the web app templates that are offered on ArcGIS Online.  What I'm trying to do is populate the map in the web app using a WMS service on my ArcGIS Server.  The issue I'm having is that the web app is looking for some form of "Map ID" that is usually found when you publish a map on ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.  Is there an option to have the map just be based on the layers within the WMS?

Here's a few code lines from the default.js:

//default web map, default app color theme and more. These values can be overwritten by template configuration settings and url parameters.

"appid": "",

"webmap": "",

//Defaults to arcgis.com. Set this value to your portal or organization host name.

"sharinghost": location.protocol + "//" + "",

I've tried setting the "sharinghost" to something like "myserver/arcgis/services/service/mapserver" in all kinds of variations, but just returns an error on the webpage:

Unable to create map: Unable to load http://myserver/arcgis/services/service/mapserver/sharing/rest/portals/self?f=json status: 403

Anyone know if what I'm trying to do is even possible?  And if so, how I might go about bypassing Online/Portal?

My thanks,

Todd

Outcomes