OLE DB Connection won't save password

Jump to solution
03-02-2015 07:25 AM
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

Hi All

I've created an OLE DB connection to an iSeries application server (IBM DB2 for i5/OS IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider).

No matter the password configuration I use (Blank Password / Password Saving), when I access the published map on another user's system, it doesn't access the information correctly.

Scenarios

• Blank Password checked: Map opens without prompt, acts as if all data is accessible, but doesn't display the joined table data
  • Saved Password checked and password entered: Map opens with Server password window prompt. If entered, it displays correctly.

I want the information accessible without users being asked for a password.

Is this something I need to address in my Windows Credential Manager?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

Hi Kaia

Yes. I was accessing the connection with the IP address and not as a registered User. Originally it was for example

U: 10.0.1.1 / P: xxxxx. (this was done per the server administrators). After much wasted time, I asked to create a general user U: BobbyS / P: xxxxx. That connection carries through with the published maps so the network users can access the data.

The password now stays connected to the credentials.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KaiaSele
New Contributor

Hi,

I know it is 3 years after you posted this question, but did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LukeSnyder
New Contributor III

Hi Kaia

Yes. I was accessing the connection with the IP address and not as a registered User. Originally it was for example

U: 10.0.1.1 / P: xxxxx. (this was done per the server administrators). After much wasted time, I asked to create a general user U: BobbyS / P: xxxxx. That connection carries through with the published maps so the network users can access the data.

The password now stays connected to the credentials.