How to "Hide" features in an AGOL-hosted Feature Service?

02-20-2015 10:41 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have a hosted FS in AGOL that is related to collecting information from the public (using GeoFORM), pretty simple stuff, select a date, some info from some drop-downs, click on the map to make the "Dot". However, we have a requirement that folks aren't able to see the responses (or dots on the map) left by other folks. In other words, what trickery can I induce so someone can fill out the survey, make the "Dot" but after completing the edit, they can't see the thousands of other features (dots) and the attributes that have been created by others? This is a web map that is (has to) be shared with "Everyone". I've tried every permutation of the edit permissions in the FS definition but still cannot restrict viewing of previous submissions/edits.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

How about having a field "display"  as a flag (on/off).  Once they save their edits, it turns the flag to off.  Then in you legend, you only show those that are "on".  I haven't tried that, and maybe you already have.  But just in case you haven't.

0 Kudos
DavinShokes1
Occasional Contributor II

Give the layer a filter in the webmap feeding the Geoform. It can be anything like ObjectID = 0 so the no features show after form submission.

If you want them to see their Dot after submitting you can try Filter by CreationDate = CURRENT_DATE(), but the user will see any from same time frame.

0 Kudos