Color Ramp

Jump to solution
02-17-2015 03:57 PM
CarterHumphreys
New Contributor II

How do I make a color ramp for geostatistical analyses layer that looks like the one attached?

10009956_761426513951722_3695685538955858808_o2.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenEarley
Occasional Contributor III

In the Layer Properties go to the Symbology tab then choose the Graduated Colors option. Select your field containing the values, set 10 classes then click on the Classify button. You can then click on any of the colors and change it to match your desired symbol.

ColorRamp.png

EDIT - you will actually need 14 classes and you will need to change the Range values to match your example.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
OwenEarley

In the Layer Properties go to the Symbology tab then choose the Graduated Colors option. Select your field containing the values, set 10 classes then click on the Classify button. You can then click on any of the colors and change it to match your desired symbol.

ColorRamp.png

EDIT - you will actually need 14 classes and you will need to change the Range values to match your example.

CarterHumphreys
New Contributor II

Thanks. How do I save it from there so I can use it later?

0 Kudos
OwenEarley

You can right-click on your layer in the Table of Contents and 'Save as Layer File...'.

If you have other layers that need to use this symbology:

1. open the Layer Properties to the same tab as shown in the image above
  2. click the Import button.
  3. browse to the layer file you saved previously
CarterHumphreys
New Contributor II

Ok but I get this when I try to import it.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
DavidBarnes

You can also save the color ramp itself so you can easily select it from a style later. Just right-click on the color ramp (the colors next to the Color Ramp text in the Symbology dialog in Owen's screenshot) and select Save to style from the context menu.