File size limit for CSV as source of hosted feature service on ArcGIS Online

01-29-2015 03:49 AM
jonpeltenburg1
New Contributor II

Hi.  Does anyone know if there is a limit on the size of csv file that can be used as a TABLE feature service on ArcGIS Online?  We successfully loaded a 6 mb csv file and made that into a table. When we loaded a 225mb csv file (same structure as the 6mb one) and try and publish it as a table feature service we get a 504 status error, as shown below, which suggests some sort of timeout but it actually happens very quickly as part of the analyze process. Or perhaps its not the file size but something in the file it doesn't like?

504 status error.jpg 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FionaRenton
New Contributor III

I have the same issue with uploading 35000 points in an SD file.

0 Kudos
EmilyLee
Occasional Contributor II

Hello.  I have the same question. What is the size limit for ArcGIS Online? Has anyone answered this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

When uploading a file to ArcGIS Online from My Content, there is a file size limit of 1GB, ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro support publishing larger files. Frequently asked questions—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS There aren't any hard limits for the number of records in your data.

If you are running into issues uploading or publishing files that are smaller than 1 GB, try looking at the data, or contact Technical Support for help troubleshooting the issue.

-Kelly 

EmilyLee
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you very much, Kelly!

0 Kudos