Use ArcGIS Collector with Custom ArcGIS Online Hosted Basemap?

01-21-2015 06:55 AM
RELAdmin
New Contributor III

Hello,

I've been trying to use the collector app with a custom basemap to allow for editing of a utility feature service in the field, but I'm running into problems. The maps I have published that use my custom basemap and editable feature service show up in the collector app, but when I click them it tries to load, the screen flashes black, and it returns to the map selection screen on the app. I thought it may be because I'm using a custom basemap, so I tried adding my editable utility layer to the default arcgis online basemap and this map worked as expected within the app.

The basemap I'm using is here: Services Directory - VillageOfHobartBasemap(MapServer)

I can't share the actual map I tried using within collector because the utility data is sensitive.

Does anybody have an idea why I can't use this custom basemap within the collector app (android)? It's frustrating, because the default basemap won't serve our purposes. We need to be able to zoom into the scales that our basemap allows for (up to 1:280). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

~Philip

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Philip,

I tested this basemap with a test service, and it appears to be working on my droid device (Samsung S4).  The web map I'm using is below:

http://bit.ly/15yA3Pw

What is the coordinate system of your feature service?

0 Kudos
RELAdmin
New Contributor III

The feature service is in the same coordinate system as the basemap (Brown County, WI Coordinates).

So you have this working in the collector app?

~Phil

0 Kudos
RELAdmin
New Contributor III

I saved a copy of this map to my org, and tried to open it in collector. The same thing happens - screen flashes black, then it goes back to the map selection screen. I'm using the most recent collector running on Nexus 4.

~Phil

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to try a different device to see if this is reproducible?

0 Kudos