Webservices query

12-13-2014 02:33 PM
JosephJose
New Contributor III

I depend on some webservices deployed in a hybrid model, for some webmaps. The webservices extract data from a file geodb and contains only two datasets. Randomly the services that I deployed fail returning me nothing.

I don't have access to the servers but I have noticed that when there is a server reboot, then the webservices work fine for some days gradually degrading with webservices not returning any data randomly in one weeks time. .

Do I need to do any activities on the servers hosting the webservices to keep the webservice uptime? Any references would be fine

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a python script querying a map service and doing something with the results. I have noticed that when a service does not get used a lot it "goes to sleep". To avoid that problem I have the script submit the query, wait 1 minute, submit it again, wait 1 minute, etc. a few times until actually proceeding with the results. Perhaps your map service behaves similarly.

Also, you could check with the ArcGIS Server admins to see whether they have changed the default setting for the "Recycling" parameter.‌ (but likely they haven't.)

0 Kudos
JosephJose
New Contributor III

I guess a normal webservice even created programatically behaves the same way when it goes to idle state but it responds anyway except the first attempt is slow.

If a webservice has to be tried again and again, it's not good.

Do we have a ArcGIS Server admin group in the esri site?

0 Kudos