Editing, Constrain a Segment - Can this be done on a sketch?

12-12-2014 06:41 AM
AndyWells
Occasional Contributor II

In ArcGIS Pro (build 1691) I can't seem to constrain a segment by using the previous segment of my sketch. I start my line feature, click the start point, then the next point. The line is still dashed, as its still a sketch, and has not been finished. Let's say I want the next part of the line to be parallel (in line with) the previous. So I right click on the previous segment of the sketch, and choose parallel (or anything else), but it does not recognize the sketched part of the line, and therefore does not constrain my next segment parallel. Having snap to sketch turned on doesn't help.

The only way to get it to work is to finish the line before starting the parallel portion of the line, then I can right click on the previously finished line and it works as it should. However, now I have two distinct lines that need to be merged.

You could do this on Desktop by using the Feature Construction Toolbar and choosing parallel on it. As irritating as that toolbar was, now I kind of miss it.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy,

This functionality will be added in a future release, hopefully 1.1.

0 Kudos
JMcCoy
by
New Contributor II

I'm still having the same issue as the other user is describing.

0 Kudos