Count Feature for Label Expression

12-02-2014 11:17 AM
JeremyYoungs
New Contributor

I geocoded a file with store listings by state. I grouped the states together and added my layer. What I want to do is add a label on for my layer that shows the count of stores per state. How can I get this labeled?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

A few of questions to help clarify what you after:

1.  Which software are you using?  ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, etc.

2.  When you say you want a count for the layer of stores per state, do you mean in the Legend?  For example, the legend item for Arizona followed by the count.  Or in the Table of Contents (if ArcGIS Desktop)?  Or a separate table of states with their counts placed on the map?

3.  Is the count already compiled, or are you looking for a way to create the count of stores per state?

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
JeremyYoungs
New Contributor
0 Kudos
JeremyYoungs
New Contributor

The attached image is what I am trying to accomplish. You are correct I do have a geocoded file of store locations across the US. It was geocoded into one layer and then grouped by state. I am trying to figure out how to label the states with the total number of stores for that state with that count.

0 Kudos
JeremyYoungs
New Contributor

I geocoded this in the excel esri addin. Then I selected the grouping button and grouped by state. Afterwards I uploaded my layer into the cloud and am working with that layer in ArcGIS Desktop.

0 Kudos