When I add a label to a chart with the following:

fieldInfos: [{

fieldName: "hosp_beds",

label: "Total Beds"

},{

fieldName: "icu_beds",

label: "ICU Beds"

}],

The data element passed has the following values.

hosp_beds: "<span class='esriNumericValue'>32</span>"

icu_beds: "<span class='esriNumericValue'>3</span>"

This is fine for just labels but I process the data elements and I expect a number only and not html tags.  This didn't happen prior to 3.10.  Any idea if this is a bug or a change? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NicholasHaney
New Contributor III

Working with this sample: ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox‌ , I do not encounter the problem you are describing. I added the following lines of code to the application:

map.on("click" ,function(evt) {

console.log(map.infoWindow.features[0].attributes);

});

The attributes are displayed with name value pairs without any HTML formatting. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
DanRicketts
New Contributor

Nicholas,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes.  I get the same results in my example.  In the original layer data there is no formatting markup.  However, for some reason when you pass the value to a javascript function within the popup the formatting is there for anything you have a label for.  I have this for the description:

"Address: {hosp_street} <br/> ICU/Total Beds: {ICUCOMP:icucomp}"

The markup is passed to my icucomp function on anything I have a label specified for in my chart.  Here is my icucomp function:

function icucomp(value, key, data) {

console.log("icucomp ", data)

return (data.icu_beds / data.hosp_beds).toFixed(3);

}

If I go back to ArcGIS javascript version 3.8 it doesn't include the formatting.  However when I paste my code using my service into the sandbox it works fine.  I am at a loss now since I just copy and pasted and it is working as expected in the sandbox.  Any ideas on what could cause the difference? 

0 Kudos
NicholasHaney
New Contributor III

Not sure if this is the difference but the Sandbox is using version 3.12.

0 Kudos
DanRicketts
New Contributor

I saw that and updated my to 3.12 and hoped that would resolve but still no luck. 

0 Kudos
NicholasHaney
New Contributor III

Would it be possible to post your code to JSFiddle or zip it up and post it here?

0 Kudos
DanRicketts
New Contributor

This is strange.  When I run the attached test on my machine it does the same thing as mine, it puts the formatting inline.  If I run it in the sandbox it works fine.  I ran it on three different web servers locally, apache, iisexpress, and IIS all give the the same result of putting the formatting inline.  When I change back to 3.8 it works fine.  I put a calculation in the sample.  The calculation produces NaN on my webservers and the correct result in the sandbox.  What happens if you run this file locally? 

0 Kudos
NicholasHaney
New Contributor III

I spent some time testing this yesterday. Your code produces NaN on my local server and in the sandbox. I don't know if this is expected behavior or not. I did produce a workaround for this issue though. The following is the calcit function I use in my application (note that it uses jQuery):

function calcit(value, key, data) {

var number_Fin = $.parseHTML( data.Number_Fin );

var number_Sta = $.parseHTML( data.Number_Sta );

return (number_Fin[0].innerHTML / number_Sta[0].innerHTML).toFixed(3);

}

0 Kudos
DanRicketts
New Contributor

Yes.  NaN is what is expected when the html tags are returned for the formatted values.  So is this a bug since 3.8?  Do you know what changed then to make the labels return tags?  I am using a regex to get rid of the html tags so I can work around the new behavior. 

0 Kudos