JavaScript API mouse events in an iframe

10-28-2014 11:09 AM
AricMueller
New Contributor II

We have a JavaScript API application (3.8)  that has to live in an iframe.  The target browser is IE11 and everything works fine unless the cursor leaves the iframe in the midst of a pan.  The map gets frozen in pan mode and I have not been able to get the map events back in order.  You literally have to F5 but this is for a MS Dynamics driven customer service center app and they can't F5.

I have even tried calling every internal method I can find just to see if I CAN fix it manually.  I have even been able to make a call to the internal navigationManager._panEnd(event)... which should unbind the mousemove handlers... with a valid event parameter and it still doesn't remove the handlers.  Can anyone suggest any kind of fix for this?

To reproduce this, just create a simple web page with an Esri map in the iframe...

<html>

<div>

<iframe id='mapFrame' width=1240 height=640 src="http://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/samples/widget_basemap/">

</iframe>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Start panning the map then move the cursor off the map iframe and mouse-up.  You are stuck.

0 Replies